Saturday, January 22, 2011

Crepe Paper Rosettes

Last night, a little bit today, and tonight, I have been working on crepe paper rosettes. I got the idea from Amy, at The Idea Room here.

It's long process to roll these little roses, but it's easy...once you figure it out. Many of the blogs and websites that provide instructions on making these lovely little rosettes refer to the term "twist". I found it to be more of a "fold" that I was doing. For example, this was my twist:




DISCLAIMER: *I am a newbie crafter and often times fumble through things* -- BUT, it helped me to know that the 'stem' of the rose is not added to with ever twist (fold) and turn. The twists and turns become the petals and have nothing to do with the stem.



Well, this is one of the cutest, most inexpensive decorations I have ever made or seen. I'm thinking that I will put it on the mantel to go with my "Candy Hearts" theme.




What do you think? :)

2 comments:

AJ said...

I love the flowers..very cute with the candies.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the photos and explanation. I've tried doing these a dozen times or more (always adding the turns/twists to the stem) and they were horrible each time. I'm going to try it your way and see if that works for me. Your's look great!