Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pinching Pennies - Make Your Own Dishwasher Detergent

So many of you told me you were needing to find inexpensive alternatives to everyday living items, like laundry detergent. Well, I went on a mission to find out what else we can use our stock supplies for (Borax, Super Washing soda, Vinegar, etc)

How about making our own dishwashing detergent?

This one does not to be pre-mixed. It's even easier than the laundry detergent here.
Instead of dropping your old dish washing detergent into the tray, add:















1 Tbsp Borax
1 Tbsp Super Washing Soda

In the Rinse Agent Dispenser area, add:


1 Tbsp Vinegar

That's it!

What other necessities should we find a cheap alternative for?

2 comments:

Alicia said...

So, how is it working for you so far? *curious*

Our Suburban Circus said...

I used this recipe for the first time yesterday. It worked great. There were no spots on my glasses, although I took them right out after the cycle was done and dried them myself with a towel (I was so excited to see how it worked!)

Are you going to try it?