Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pot Roast with a little help



Snow Day 2


I love a good "home style" dinner when the weather is cold and all you want to do is hunker down and cuddle with a good book. Or, in reality, chase three overly bored children through the house as they discover what makes the loudest noise when it crashes.

Back to the kitchen...

Post roast with a little help, from McCormick's!

Super simple, cheater's recipe and I'll let you know what the troops say tonight!

McCormick's Pot Roast

2.5 - 3lb round roast

1 small bag of baby carrots

1 can of whole white potatoes (told you it was cheating!)

1 packet of McCormick's Savory Pot Roast mix

1 cup water

Crockpot on LOW for 8-10 or HIGH for 4-6
Because I got a late(ish) start, I zapped it on HIGH for 1 hour, then LOW for 7 hours.







Prior to cooking (Look at all that seasoning!)


____________________________________________________________________





The Verdict:

The littlest(s) hands loaded up their mouths non-stop with the meat. Victory! One liked the veggies, too, the other...not so much. But the meat, four helpings for each!

> Yummy!


The big one, well, she really liked it when I fed her the pieces of meat while cutting it up for the kids' plates. She even ate the potatoes while cutting them. Sitting down to eat was another story. None. Not one bite. Think it's a three year old thing...

My darling hubby said, "This is really good, Pook!" -- Gotta love those glamorous nicknames. "Put it in the rotation."

And, me...I like it! It was easy, tastes good and my kids eat it....at least, when they don't realize it's actually *GASP* dinner!



No comments: